We are currently recruiting an experienced Building Mechanical Engineer to join our team supporting our client in the automotive industry.
- Must be willing and able to travel to the USA, without restrictions, effective on the start date
- Valid driver's license is required as well as a clean driving record
- Provide facility engineering services for Company Canada Engineering.
- Develop specifications and bid packages for facility projects.
- Manage construction and equipment installation projects.
- Develop equipment standards and operating procedures for the operation of facility equipment
- Manage third party maintenance services of facility equipment and buildings.
- Project Manager for facility projects to meet timing, specifications, and cost objectives (Includes all aspects of projects outside of Mechanical Engineering)
- Provide review of design documents during their development and prior to bidding
- Monitor construction work in the field by mechanical and utility contactors
- Provide input and analysis on Value Engineering ideas to reduce project scope and cost
- Provide technical support to project staff to resolve field issues
- Review project submittals and coordinate response with A/E firms
- Assist in the resolution of questions from contractors, (i.e., interpreting the meaning and intent of drawings and specs,) and submitting/tracking RFIs.
- Work with the project team to develop, provide oversight, and ensure adherence to the project schedule
- Coordinate with other disciplines the project installation, delivery, and schedule
- Conduct utility package construction coordination meetings
- Assist in developing utility pricing scopes and pricing breakdowns for all utility bid packages
- Coordinate contractor’s utility interferences prior to installation of utility systems
- Attend construction meeting and perform constructability reviews
- Monitor the quality of work, so that it is in accordance with the design drawings and specifications
- Provide oversight of equipment start-up, commissioning, and acceptance tests
- Evaluate completion of the contractors work and assist in punch-list creation and close-out ·
- Provide review of final close-out documentation
- Document problems found and provide lessons learned for continuous improvement
- Review monthly invoicing
- Take ownership of building electrical and mechanical systems including building power distribution, controls, HVAC, cooling and compressed air systems
- Investigate and resolve deficiencies to facility building and equipment
- Ensure ongoing compliance with applicable codes, regulations, and standards
- Work with internal customers to provide solutions to equipment and building upgrades
- Develop scope of work for facility construction and equipment installation projects and support the bid process
- Manage outside contractor services supporting building and equipment maintenance and repairs
- Write purchase requisitions for material and services for facility engineering
- Develop and promote efficiency improvements in building systems to reduce utility usage and maintenance costs
- Ensure owner’s interests are protected with respect to health and safety, cost, schedule, liability and function on facility construction and renovation projects
- Primary area of responsibility is within Company Canada facilities located in Windsor.
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor of Applied Science Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering
- 5-10 years engineering experience with facility electrical and mechanical systems such as power distribution, controls, safety controls and lighting; HVAC, utilities, air compressors, cooling towers and bridge cranes.
- Detailed knowledge of Ontario Building Code, Ontario Electrical Safety Code, TSSA standards, OHSA, CSA, ASHRAE, and local by-law.
- Ability to interpret and develop electrical and mechanical drawings and specifications.
- Proficient in the use of AutoCAD, Excel, Word, Project, PowerPoint and Google Sheets.
- Experience working in a unionized environment.
- Strong project management skills, organizational skills, teamwork, written and verbal communication.
OTHER PERKS & BENEFITS:
- Paid Benefits after 90 days (individual and family) – extended medical, out-of-country coverage, dental etc.
- Pension eligibility, with employer match, after 1 full year of work (open enrollment every October)
MEDA offers an excellent referral bonus. Great candidates know great candidates
MEDA Limited is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of any of the protected reasons as described in the Ontario Human Rights Code. We are committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities, as described in the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and granted to those that request assistance during our hiring process.