Our client is a leader in developing complex tooling and stamping assembly products for both hot & cold stamping segments and focusing on niche markets. The client has earned an unyielding reputation for achieving high-quality work, produced on time and on budget.
The client continues to deliver the impossible through strong partnerships, differentiation, employee development, and exceptional service. The company’s success is build on team work, passion, commitment, and talent. They value innovation, excellence and trust.
- Analyze, prepare, and communicate reports on machinery for failure analysis, Maintenance and process improvements
- Provide first-line supervision, technical assistance and training to a staff of journey-level industrial electrical and Automation Specialists
- Debug, and troubleshoot robotic and PLC programs
- Prepare technical documentation such as operating and training manuals.
- Process and quality improvements
- Ensure all machinery and automated Equipment Comply with safety rules and policies as established by the Company and OHSA
- Monitor all progress by the Automation teams daily
- Lead the team in troubleshooting of Machinery and Automated Equipment
- Develop and maintain spare parts inventory throughout the facilities
- Work closely with Operations and Mechanical Maintenance personnel
- Respond to emergency situations as necessary
- Perform other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the Manager
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Degree or Diploma from an accredited post-secondary institution is required. Programs of study would include: Electrical Engineering, Industrial Automation, and Industrial Controls.
- 442A or 309A Electricians license is an asset but not required.
- Minimum of Five years’ experience in the automation industry within a supervisory role
- Ability to work Flexible hours
- Ability to retain information and communicate effectively
- Strong trouble shooting and diagnostic skills
- Broad knowledge of process automation
- Strongly motivated with high levels of initiative
- Ability to work in a fast pace environment
- Experience with Auto CAD, Microsoft Office Suite, and computer controls systems
- Demonstrated ability to balance priorities that meet short and long-term objectives; uses organized and efficient work methods;
- Must be available on-call and work occasionally on weekends
MEDA offers an excellent referral bonus. Great candidates know great candidates.