On behalf of our well established Design-Build Firm and Developer we are recruiting for a Senior Draftsperson/Technologist to join their team. The primary focus of the role is design,design development and working drawings on commercial and industrial construction projects.
• Architectural designing, drafting/detailing
• Review and coordinate working drawings to ensure that all working drawings comply with the strict standards and criteria of the Ontario Building Code and appropriate building techniques and practices
• Coordinate the revision process of working drawings
• Communication with sales, estimating, and project management departments, outsourced consultants and government agencies as required
• Participation in the value engineering process
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
• Successful applicant will have minimum 5-7 years’ experience
• Strong organizational skills, as well as excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Working knowledge of the O.B.C. a must. Candidates who have successfully completed Bill 124 exams will be considered an asset
• Must have high knowledge and skills with drawing application programs in Architectural Desktop 2005 (ADT) and AutoCad
• Knowledge of other software such as MSWord and Excel would be an asset
• Must be detail-oriented with ability to check documents/drawings for accuracy, communicate detailed changes and ensure corrections are made
• Supervisory experience also an asset
MEDA offers an excellent referral bonus. Great candidates know great candidates.
A resume is required to apply to jobs. Login to your Account or Sign Up to start applying.