Our client, an expanding global supplier of welding, trim, chassis, & final automotive assembly equipment, headquartered in Shelby Township, Michigan, is seeking an experienced Bridge Port Machinist to join their team. They have a global customer base including; OEM's, Tier One Suppliers in both the Automotive and Aerospace assembly plants.
- Set-up each work piece so that it can be machined in the most efficient way possible
- Determine proper tooling to run specific job(s)
- Proper maintenance and documentation of machining centers.
- Housekeeping and clean-up of machines and general work area.
- Inspect his/her own work to assure that print specs are achieved
- Assist Machine Shop Supervisor relative to his/her work requirements.
- Read engineering prints
- Make corrections to prints as needed in conjunction with Machine Shop Supervisor and Mechanical Engineering.
- Make recommendations to Machine Shop Supervisor about machining processes.
- Must read all types of micrometers and gages to verify work is correct to print requirements.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS & SKILLS:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience
- Must be able to read and program in G Code
- Must be able to do set ups
- Must be able to work nights, Monday – Friday
- Must be able to work 50 hours per week
- High School Diploma Required
- Journeyman Machinist Preferred
MEDA offers an excellent referral bonus. Great candidates know great candidates.