On behalf of our OEM client, is in search for Health & Safety Coordinator to join their team. The primary focus of this positions is to consult and advise in technical and non-technical safety areas, including local and national safety regulations.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Consult and advise in technical and non – technical safety areas, including local and national safety regulations.
- Coordinate implementation of continuous improvement actions for Safety Operating System
- Primary contact for corporate and internal safety reporting
- Lead incident investigation and corrective action needs as required
- Drive proactive safety measures for the control and prevention of workplace and behavioural risk factors
- Facilitate Plant Safety Leadership and Review forums
- Develop and implement solutions for incident response and for safety campaign initiatives
- Communicate, audit and enforce corporate standards and regulatory compliance requirements
- Provide oversight for health and safety training and orientation, and direct safety training personnel to fulfill training requirements of organization
- Serve as the Plant’s Emergency Response Coordinator, responsible for plant emergency response plan, annual drills, and Emergency Response Team meetings and training
- Conduct, facilitate or advise as necessary in Machinery and Equipment Design Reviews and/or complete equipment review and approval actions
- Work cooperatively and effectively with Union Health and Safety Representative and Plant Leadership to achieve objectives
- Work in cooperation with corporate safety office and plant leadership to develop and implement the plants safety improvement plan and corresponding funding support
- Act as lead Safety designate during workplace construction activities and/or equipment removal/installation to ensure compliance to regulatory requirements
MEDA has a great referral bonus program. Great candidates know other great candidates! Contact us for details.
- 3 – 5 years of safety experience in a unionized manufacturing environment
- Degree or Diploma in Human Resources with specialization in Health & Safety
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong technical and computer skills