On behalf of our client a "World Wide Metal Fabrication Company", we are currently recruiting an experienced Automation Technician.
- Install, repair and maintain the reliability of network infrastructures and operating systems on multiple platforms. as well as assist and train end users to make effective use of process automation systems and process information networks to effectively accomplish company goals.
- Installs, configures, integrates and maintains process automation and process information networks; installs, configures and supports network devices including PLC’s, I/O networks, HMI’s.
- Diagnoses control and network hardware malfunctions; performs maintenance and repair; coordinates repair of equipment under warranty with users and outside service repair technicians; replaces components and parts and changes out equipment when necessary to ensure the timely and accurate completion of preventive maintenance activities.
- System operations, including availability for resolving elevated automation issues by assisting trade resources with troubleshooting and guidance.
- Designs, develops and writes programs for new automation and enhancements to existing PLC’s, computers, configurations and applications to facilitate operational requirements of manufacturing facilities.
- Develops, evaluates, tests, installs, troubleshoots and modifies central control operator interface graphics, ladder logic, control and communication databases, application programs and system support scripts.
- Performs a variety of difficult and complex tasks in the diagnoses, calibration, installation and troubleshooting of PLCs, and related systems and facilities, utilizing sophisticated electronic test and measurement instrumentation.
- Reviews, modifies and reports on specifications and design documents for new and existing equipment as related to process control schemes, instrumentation and communication, checking for compliance with company and industry standards.
- Performs and instructs others in the support, preventive maintenance and repair of control systems, electronic and computer systems, components, devices and equipment.
- May act as a project leader, coordinating, overseeing and inspecting the work of technical staff.
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum of five (5) years’ experience in the development of process control, implementation of process automation, control and telemetry systems, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Completion of a Bachelor’s degree in electronics, electrical engineering, computer science, or closely related field.
- Knowledge of Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) programming (Omron, ABB, RS Logics Studio 5000); Human Machine Interface (HMI) software configuration (panel view), software, mechanical and electrical maintenance principles and practices, principles and procedures of record keeping, advanced mathematical principles. Safety scanners/light curtains and safety PLC's. Scada platform is Ignition.
- Ability to analyze complex maintenance problems and recommend solutions.
- Exercise independent judgment and initiative within established guidelines.
- Direct, train and guide the work of others.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Flexibility to report on alternate shifts, and availability to travel, if needed.
OTHER PERKS & BENEFITS:
- Paid Benefits day one (individual and family) – extended medical, out-of-country coverage, dental etc.
MEDA offers an excellent referral bonus. Great candidates know great candidates
MEDA Limited is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of any of the protected reasons as described in the Ontario Human Rights Code. We are committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities, as described in the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005, reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and granted to those that request assistance during our hiring process.