We are currently recruiting an experienced Dimensional Engineer to join our team supporting our client in the automotive industry
- Valid driver's license is required as well as a clean driving record
- Develop, define, document, and communicate commodity dimensional requirements
- Recommend and document commodity preferred gauging methods.
- Interact with other engineering departments to develop datum strategies that achieves commodity expectations.
- Statistically prove-out design capability by performing Variation simulations (1D/3D studies).
- Reporting commodities build objective & functional status by program.
- Create and/or approve 2D dimensional drawings released in 3D math models.
- Define, Coordinate and document measurement points in 3D math models.
- Perform data analysis to assist in root cause and corrective action to build issues.
- Communicate with supply base on regular basis.
- Assist in development and roll-out of training material.
- Collect, create, and maintain library of dimensional information associated with assigned commodity.
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's of Science Degree in Engineering
- 0-3 years automotive product or manufacturing experience.
- NX/Catia capable preferred.
- Must have a desire to create and document GD&T for Interior/chassis/Exterior components and systems.
- Basic to strong understanding of GD&T, strong must
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge in basic statistics and process control.
- Good communication skills with ability and desire to work with a cross-functional teams.
- Proficient in Excel, PowerPoint and other Microsoft Office applications.
OTHER PERKS & BENEFITS:
- Paid Benefits after 90 days (individual and family) – extended medical, out-of-country coverage, dental etc.
- Pension eligibility, with employer match, after 1 full year of work (open enrollment every October)
MEDA offers an excellent referral bonus. Great candidates know great candidates
MEDA Limited is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of any of the protected reasons as described in the Ontario Human Rights Code. We are committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities, as described in the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005. Accommodation requests will be reviewed and granted to those that request assistance during our hiring process.