We are currently recruiting an experienced Brake System Design and Development Engineer to join our team supporting our client in the automotive industry
- Must be willing and able to travel to the USA, without restrictions, effective on the start date
- Development of brake systems and coordinating vehicle ordering, builds, shipping, and testing
- Complete DVPR testing within the constraints of program timing and problem resolution to corporate metrics
- Investigate root cause quality/build issues and implement corrective actions..
- Communicate technical requirements to internal areas such as powertrain, electrical and vehicle development groups
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering degree
- 3+ years of experience in vehicle testing, preferably brake testing
- Knowledge of vehicle-level brake system design and validation experience
- Knowledge of brake system, performance, and sizing modeling/analysis
- DFMEA/SFMEA and DVP-R experience such as: write/review/execute a system level DVP for a brake system.
- Prior Wheel Speed Sensor experience
- Proven problem-solving skillset (ie: Shainin, DFSS, Red X, etc.) and analytical skillset
- Experience with Technical report writing
- Experience with excel and PowerPoint
- Highly motivated and self-starter
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment
- Good communication skills are required for internal and external presentations on status and system performance
PREFERRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering
- 5-10 years of experience in vehicle testing, preferably brake testing
- Brake system modeling and system analysis experience
- Design and release experience of brake components
OTHER PERKS & BENEFITS:
- Paid Benefits after 90 days (individual and family) – extended medical, out-of-country coverage, dental etc.
- Pension eligibility, with employer match, after 1 full year of work (open enrollment every October)
MEDA offers an excellent referral bonus. Great candidates know great candidates
MEDA Limited is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of any of the protected reasons as described in the Ontario Human Rights Code. We are committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities, as described in the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005. Accommodation requests will be reviewed and granted to those that request assistance during our hiring process.