We are currently recruiting an experienced Product Engineer (Engineering Systems) to join our team supporting our client in the automotive industry.
- Must be willing and able to travel to the USA, without restrictions, effective on the start date
- Valid driver's license is required as well as a clean driving record
- Design, develop, validate, and release air intake system components for internal combustion engine and hybrid electrified vehicles
- Components include various types of low-pressure side clean and dirty side ducts, air cleaners, make-up air hoses, and other related items including resonators, air filters, and brackets
- Develop components using best practices and methodologies such as CAE, System Design Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (DFMEA), and Design Validation Plans (DVP&R)
- Responsible for a set of air intake system components potentially any/all stages of vehicle development. This includes early packaging, development and execution of components to meet air intake system functional objectives
- Coordinating CAE, CAD design, prototyping, and testing – as well as the documentation of those activities
- Support sourcing activities and/or once a supplier is sourced, coordinate and track supplier progress to ensure part maturity and milestones are met
- Support vehicle assembly and vehicle testing to resolve any issues related to air intake systems
- Supporting quality concerns, process change validation, and technical cost reductions after vehicle launch.
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering or equivalent from an ABET (Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology) accredited program
- 3+ years of related experience required.
- Working knowledge of air intake systems and components
- Ability to proactively communicate with others - including teammates, stakeholders and supervisor
- Ability to effectively operate independently in a remote or hybrid office/remote workplace
- General knowledge of CAD design
- General knowledge of spreadsheets and building presentations
- Ability to create and apply component and system DFMEAs and DVP&Rs
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be able to lead and manage Suppliers
- Must be able to manage multiple concurrent activities
PREFERRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- 2 years or more experience with air intake systems and related engine or vehicle level testing and data acquisition
- Experience with plastics manufacturing processes – especially injection and blow-molding technologies
- Knowledge of FCA systems and processes
- Green belt or equivalent experience in DFSS (Design for Six Sigma) proactive and/or reactive quality tools
- Familiarity with powertrain software and controls
- Working knowledge of UG/NX CAD systems
OTHER PERKS & BENEFITS:
- Paid Benefits after 90 days (individual and family) – extended medical, out-of-country coverage, dental etc.
- Pension eligibility, with employer match, after 1 full year of work (open enrollment every October)
MEDA offers an excellent referral bonus. Great candidates know great candidates
MEDA Limited is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of any of the protected reasons as described in the Ontario Human Rights Code. We are committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities, as described in the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005. Accommodation requests will be reviewed and granted to those that request assistance during our hiring process.