Our client is one of the world's leading suppliers of standard and specialty foods and the world’s leading producer in the business. They are recruiting for a Mill Supervisor to join their team.
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Ensure the safe and efficient operation of the Mill including employee utilization, machine operation, storing and shipping of product
- Analyze current processes to maximize the efficiency of departmental activities
- Health and Safety: Utilizing IRS principles ensures that legislation and Company rules/regulations are built-in and followed in all assignments and responsibilities. This includes monthly housekeeping and safety meetings, new employee orientation, and investigations
- Providing Technical Expertise: Ensure that all activities in the department are being performed in an efficient and effective manner within the guidelines of the Collective Agreement, Company policies and procedures and legislative requirements.
- Employee Management: Through the communication of job expectations, plan, monitor, and appraise job results - as well as coach, counsel, and discipline employees. Initiate, coordinate, and enforce systems, policies, and procedures
- Create an efficient, consistent, cooperative and respectful work environment within the guidelines of the Collective Agreement, policies and procedures and legislative requirements
- Administrative: Weekly scheduling, job posting(s), payroll and labour allocation, maintenance work orders, job and task analyses, maintaining training program
- Environment/Quality: Maintaining product safety, legality and quality
- College diploma
- 3 years in the supervision of hourly employees in a unionized environment
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong decision-making aptitude
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- SAP experience
- This position currently rotates all 3 shifts
OTHER PERKS & BENEFITS:
- Paid Benefits after 90 days (individual and family) – extended medical, out-of-country coverage, dental etc.
- Pension eligibility, with employer match, after 1 full year of work (open enrollment every October)
MEDA offers an excellent referral bonus. Great candidates know great candidates
MEDA Limited is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of any of the protected reasons as described in the Ontario Human Rights Code. We are committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities, as described in the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005. Accommodation requests will be reviewed and granted to those that request assistance during our hiring process.