We are currently recruiting an experienced Business Coordinator to join our team supporting our client in the automotive industry.
- Administration and/or coordination of multiple programs and projects
- Compiles and develops status reports, coordinates schedules, manages meetings, agendas, minutes, correspondence, and identifies and resolves technical problems
- Layout of presentations, reports, and statistical tables
- Coordinates project activities and business plans and ensures all project phases are documented appropriately
- Developing and implementing strategies to support process improvements, business planning and business development
- Work closely with Canada Engineering Management in coordinating daily activities to achieve business metrics and implementing resource planning initiatives
- Organize, coordinate and schedule all on-site and off-site meetings and activities for the Head of Engineering
- Prepare and distribute reports, agendas, minutes, letters of invitation, letters of support as required
- Direct and coordinate / issue correspondence to Canada Engineering Management
- Maintain and update organizational charts for all staff
- Support resource planning compliance initiatives
- Coordinate delivery of all incoming correspondence and stationary orders
- Maintain telephone directory and group email lists
- Monitor and help manage Canada Engineering Head calendar, phone and selected emails
- New employee orientation and security access coordination
- Tours, Quarterly town hall coordination and event food/beverage/supplies ordering as required
- Track salary vacation schedules and monitor for plant policy application
- Support and contribute to World Class Manufacturing (WCM) Program and tools.
- Coordinate travel activities for senior staff
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3 to 5 years related experience in a unionized environment preferably within the automotive industry.
- Excellent communication, written and presentation skills
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of management.
OTHER PERKS & BENEFITS:
- Paid Benefits after 90 days (individual and family) – extended medical, out-of-country coverage, dental etc.
- Pension eligibility, with employer match, after 1 full year of work (open enrollment every October)
MEDA offers an excellent referral bonus. Great candidates know great candidates
MEDA Limited is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of any of the protected reasons as described in the Ontario Human Rights Code. We are committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities, as described in the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005. Accommodation requests will be reviewed and granted to those that request assistance during our hiring process.