We are currently recruiting an experienced Perceived Quality Assessor to join our team supporting our client in the automotive industry.
- Must be willing and able to travel to the USA, without restrictions, effective on the start date
- Valid driver's license is required as well as a clean driving record
- Act as customer’s initial response of good or poor quality of a product; influenced by the vehicle's attributes as well as what is important to the customer
- Benchmarking of competitive vehicles to identify positive and negative attributes that impact the customer’s initial impression
- Capture and use the best Executions, Materials & Designs found within the industry as the foundation of the PQ requirements and as the basis for the PQ scoring system
- Reviews and evaluates the Exterior and Interior digital images provided by the Simulation Team along with physical properties at each major milestone of a vehicle program for perceived quality attributes, including; appearance, fit, surface quality, sound & operational quality, quality of materials, technology and lighting
- Compile and present a complete assessment report based on a structured rating method, which includes the competitive set, to be shared with Product Team Management to guide decisions early on in the development timeline of current and future model programs.
- Lead segment-specific programs by working closely with the Prod Engineering, Vehicle Line Quality Responsible, Vehicle Integration Responsible, Product Design Office, and the Product Teams to set PQ Targets, provide guidance on achieving the target, and provide PQ status for the program to the Model Responsible and full team
- Performs virtual assessments on new and modified programs (Using corporate cad system - Teamcenter / NX / VisMockup)
- Drive issue resolution with escalation process
- Create GIMS as required
- Support Physical (Plants, Suppliers) assessments
- All non-competitive PQ issues are captured into PQAS (Perceived Quality Assessment System)
- Attend working level meetings and drive PQ input
- Review issues with product engineering and management teams
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s of Science Degree in Engineering from an accredited university
- Minimum of 3 years of automotive experience in a fast-paced environment
PREFERRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience in one of these areas would be a plus: Manufacturing, Tooling, Design, Release, Program Management
- Expertise in planning, prioritizing, and goal setting including the ability to manage multiple projects, determine project urgency, create detailed action plans, and organize schedules, people and tasks
- Outstanding teamwork, interpersonal and communications skills with the ability to build solid working relationships internally and externally
- Must be a high-energy, hands-on individual with strength of convictions - a self-confident leader who, in part due to his/her personal presence, style and demeanor, effectively sells ideas and solutions to others
- Knowledge of Teamcenter and NX/VisMockup
OTHER PERKS & BENEFITS:
- Paid Benefits after 90 days (individual and family) – extended medical, out-of-country coverage, dental etc.
- Pension eligibility, with employer match, after 1 full year of work (open enrollment every October)
MEDA offers an excellent referral bonus. Great candidates know great candidates
MEDA Limited is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of any of the protected reasons as described in the Ontario Human Rights Code. We are committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities, as described in the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005. Accommodation requests will be reviewed and granted to those that request assistance during our hiring process.