On behalf of our civil infrastructure client, working on a large multinational project, we are currently recruiting a Survey Assistant to join their team
- Under the direction of the Party Chief and Survey Manager, provide assistance to the surveying team.
- Clean and maintain equipment including vehicles; maintain supplies and ensure necessary physical resources are available in the field.
- Effectively operate hand and power tools to complete assigned tasks.
- Assist Surveyor in the field works for control network, quantities, monitoring, and construction staking.
- Operate survey instruments and devices, after due learning.
- Performance of surveys on site with GPS and Total stations.
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Degree in engineering, by a college, vocational center is an asset
- An academic background in math, geometry and trigonometry, is an asset
- 3-5 years of experience
- Experience and knowledge of survey instruments would be positive.
- Good attitude to collaborate with direct supervisor and workmates.
OTHER PERKS & BENEFITS:
- Paid Benefits after 90 days (individual and family) – extended medical, out-of-country coverage, dental etc.
- Pension eligibility, with employer match, after 1 full year of work (open enrollment every October)
MEDA offers an excellent referral bonus. Great candidates know great candidates
MEDA Limited is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of any of the protected reasons as described in the Ontario Human Rights Code. We are committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities, as described in the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005. Accommodation requests will be reviewed and granted to those that request assistance during our hiring process.