We are currently recruiting an experienced Senior Powertrain Controls Engineer join our team supporting our client in the automotive industry.
- Valid driver's license is required as well as a clean driving record
- New feature development, and enhancements to existing algorithms
- Work closely with a cross-functional team, utilizing various tools (vehicle, HIL, Dyno, Virtual, rapid prototyping) through the V-model development process to ensure the quality and robustness of the production algorithms
- Interface with systems and calibration to fully understand the requirements
- Develop implementation strategies
- Assess and document the impacts against regulatory requirement
- Markup models to ensure the design meets functional/operational requirements
- Validate the design during the production process
- Ensure the project is on track by developing plans, tracking progress, and presenting technical reports to management and project chiefs
- Participate in the decision-making process on controls strategy design to achieve functional objectives
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Master degree in Computer Science, Electrical, or Mechanical Engineering is required from an accredited University.
- 5-8 years of engineering work experience
- Should be knowledgeable in MATLAB/Simulink.
- Should be knowledgeable in Powertrain systems - specifically, computer-based tools and process-based development, and calibration refinement.
- Embedded software experience desirable. Electronic module/system experience is desirable.
- Outstanding interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- Quick study who is passionate about his/her work and willing to go above and beyond.
- Self-starter who is able to work cross-functionally with other people.
OTHER PERKS & BENEFITS:
- Paid Benefits after 90 days (individual and family) – extended medical, out-of-country coverage, dental etc.
- Pension eligibility, with employer match, after 1 full year of work (open enrollment every October)
MEDA offers an excellent referral bonus. Great candidates know great candidates
MEDA Limited is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of any of the protected reasons as described in the Ontario Human Rights Code. We are committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities, as described in the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005. Accommodation requests will be reviewed and granted to those that request assistance during our hiring process.