We are currently recruiting an experienced Senior Project Chief Body Closures to join our team supporting our client in the automotive industry.
- Oversee all Closures commodities (Door In White, Hood, Fender, Static and Dynamic Sealing, Liftgates) for vehicle programs, from start to finish
- Working with Product Planning and the Product Design Office (or 'styling') to help guide the design of the vehicle toward feasible technical solutions
- Requires extensive collaboration to determine appropriate Cost Weight and Investment targets for the new vehicle
- Tracking on-time sourcing (supplier selection) and design release of component designs for tooling
- Manage all component and system testing plans and timelines to ensure Closures components are on time, and will develop recovery mitigation plans as necessary
- Significant supplier and assembly plant launch support throughout pilot and launch phases will follow
- Actively manage any warranty or quality issues the customer experiences with exterior trim
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering from an accredited university
- 5 years of experience in engineering design and development of components
- Must be an outgoing self-starter, able to work with many people to organize complex projects
- Excellent communication skills
PREFERRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Design / development / release experience of Closures components (Sheetmetal, plastic, and sealing)
- Knowledge of DFSS, DFMEA and test/validation experience
- Proven experience organizing / leading teams of engineers to meeting quality; fit/finish; CWI and functional objectives beneficial
- Must be willing and able to travel to the USA, without restrictions, effective on the start date
OTHER PERKS & BENEFITS:
- Paid Benefits after 90 days (individual and family) – extended medical, out-of-country coverage, dental etc.
- Pension eligibility, with employer match, after 1 full year of work (open enrollment every October)
MEDA offers an excellent referral bonus. Great candidates know great candidates
MEDA Limited is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of any of the protected reasons as described in the Ontario Human Rights Code. We are committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities, as described in the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005. Accommodation requests will be reviewed and granted to those that request assistance during our hiring process.