Our Tier 2 injection molding client, is seeking knowledgeable, self-directed, experienced and hardworking individuals interested in the automotive industry as a Quality Engineer.
- Reports to Assistant Quality Manager
- Develop and maintain programs from inception through to production.
- Practice and promote all aspects of the ISO9001:2015 and IATF 16949 Quality System and Health & Safety policies
- PPAP, PFMEA and Control Plan, Gauge R&R development
- Ensure gages meet or exceed all safety requirements and are safe for all users.
- Perform capability studies at all stages
- Participate in gage reviews, GD&T reviews, home line mold trials, DOEs and dimensional studies
- Assist in the development, construction and evaluation of all fixtures and gauges
- Back-up Assistant Quality Manager as required
- Manage Production programs for customer concerns and CI activities
- Coordinating containment activity with Quality and Production Supervisors
- Creating Control plans and relevant inspection and test instructions
- Manage internal and external dimensional layouts on parts and gauges (CMM capability either thru the company or a third party)
- Visit customer and supplier locations where required
- Adhere to quality systems in line with Customer requirements and management direction, (ISO9001:2015 AND IATF 16949 and QSB certified)
- Participate in all APQP meetings with program management teams
- Participate in the Internal Audit and Layered Process Audit process (Canada and US as applicable)
- Utilize the customer portals to obtain quality documentation, input quality specific documentation
- Issue QA alerts as required
- Promote continuous improvement in all area
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- College Diploma (Mechanical / Industrial / Quality or Chemical Engineering, C.Q.E., C.Q.T.)
- 5+ years quality engineering experience
- Exposure to injection molding, painting and assembly
- IATF Internal Auditor certification preferred
- Experience with working with customers such as OEMs
- MS office, primarily Excel, Power point and Word Minitab/other SPC analysis software
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills-with multiple customer interface
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken.
Strong organization skills, effectively handle multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- Possesses strong analytical skills to conduct analysis and develop recommendations, demonstrating organization and problem-solving skills
- Must be willing and able to travel between the USA and Canada, without restrictions, effective on the start date
MEDA offers an excellent referral bonus. Great candidates know great candidates