We are currently recruiting an experienced HIL Engineer to join our team supporting our client in the automotive industry
- Development of HIL projects based on the requirements of the product development team
- Create and maintain plant models and Hardware that represent Brake & Steering subsystems and Vehicle controllers (ABS, ESC, EPS, ECU)
- Support the ongoing projects to integrate the HIL subsystems and controllers to our Driving Simulators
- Development of SOP's, tools, and methodologies for enhancing the usage of the HIL and the integration with the Driving Simulators
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Master of Science degree in Electrical, Mechanical, Industrial or Aerospace Engineering from an accredited or equivalent program
- 3 years’ of experience in developing HIL projects using dSPACE ( Scalexio preferred) Hardware & Software (ControlDesk, ConfigurationDesk, AutomationDesk)
- Experience with CAN bus, LIN, and Ethernet protocols
- Extensive experience in using Simulink/ Matlab to develop plant models
- Demonstrated expertise in systematic troubleshooting on HIL simulation systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to coordinate activities with other functional groups
- Must have a valid driving license
- Must be legally eligible to work in Canada Experience in the development of cockpit (Instrument panels/door trim panels/floor consoles) components
PREFERRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Experience in the Automotive Industry with Brake and Steering subsystems, ECU, ABS ESP, ESC controllers
- Understanding of vehicle dynamics theory and application
- Developing vehicle models using CarSim, CarRealTime
- Experience in HIL integration with the Driving Simulator environment
- Experience in diagnostic management: CANalyzer, CANoe
- Programming experience in Python.
- Strong Data analytical skills and the ability to interpret data for senior management reviews
- Technical aptitude for creation or analysis of objective test methods, metrics, and analysis techniques.
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Self-motivated, with good project planning skills
- Proficient use of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Must be willing and able to travel to the USA, without restrictions, effective on the start date
OTHER PERKS & BENEFITS:
- Paid Benefits after 90 days (individual and family) – extended medical, out-of-country coverage, dental etc.
- Pension eligibility, with employer match, after 1 full year of work (open enrollment every October)
- Tuition Reimbursement
MEDA offers an excellent referral bonus. Great candidates know great candidates
MEDA Limited is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of any of the protected reasons as described in the Ontario Human Rights Code. We are committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities, as described in the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005. Accommodation requests will be reviewed and granted to those that request assistance during our hiring process.