We are currently recruiting an experienced Functional Safety Engineer to join our team supporting our client in the automotive industry.
- Development of the vehicle features, including semi and fully automated driver assistance systems and enablers
- Performing functional safety analyses and executing related tasks for vehicles.
- Performing vehicle and system level hardware and software analysis to identify potential safety impacts
- Developing safety requirements, and supporting other activities in accordance with the Functional Safety Engineering Process and some of the specific activities development of Automotive Safety Integrity Level (ASIL) for features via hazard analysis, safety plans, safety cases, and other ISO 26262 work products
- Interface with other vehicle teams and suppliers.
- Perform, support and/or manage the execution of System Safety tasks
- Safety concept and safety program plan to Safety requirements and traceability
- Support validation and verification team in DVP development and execution of Safety Case development
- Participate in design discussions to ensure that the safety requirements are implemented and adequate
- Support design activities, CCA/CCM/DFMEA- Support both in house and supplier lead development
- Support product development as member of cross functional team
- Review supplier functional safety deliverables to assure requirements are supported
- Participate in or Lead safety reviews of functional safety process work products
- Coach engineering teams on functional safety process
- Teach classes to employees on functional safety process and analysis
- Actively participate in functional safety workgroups, as assigned, to support development or improvement in processes
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor of Science in Applied Physics, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent (Materials /Chemical/ Civil/ Aerospace/Computer) from an accredited university
- A minimum of 5 years of related engineering experience
- Experience within the area of functional safety
- Demonstrated ability to apply the V-model development process
- Demonstrated competency in Systems Engineering - Active Controls, Communications Protocols
- Demonstrated competency in Functional Safety and System Safety
- Trained in both DVP&R and DFMEA creation and execution
- Good problem-solving skills
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Must have the desire to learn new processes and technologies.
PREFERRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Master’s degree in Applied Physics, Mechanical, Electrical, Aerospace or Computer Engineering from an ABET accredited university
- A minimum of 3 years within the area of functional safety
- A minimum of 8 years of related engineering experience
- Understanding of Safety of the Intended function (SOTIF)
- Trained and certified in ISO26262
OTHER PERKS & BENEFITS:
- Paid Benefits after 90 days (individual and family) – extended medical, out-of-country coverage, dental etc.
- Pension eligibility, with employer match, after 1 full year of work (open enrollment every October)
- Tuition Reimbursement
Must be fully vaccinated by the COVID-19 vaccine unless you request a Medical or Religious exemption. These requests will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis
MEDA offers an excellent referral bonus. Great candidates know great candidates
MEDA Limited is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of any of the protected reasons as described in the Ontario Human Rights Code. We are committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities, as described in the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005. Accommodation requests will be reviewed and granted to those that request assistance during our hiring process.