We are currently recruiting an experienced Powertrain Design Release Engineer to join our team supporting our client in the automotive industry.
- Acts as the owner of assigned driveline & axle components (axles, RDM, PTU, T-Case, prop shaft, half shaft, brackets, etc.)
- Executes product design, analysis, release and testing per technical infrastructure
- Complete design and product delivery against technical requirements for the assigned components and products. Components and products may be complex, or include new technology, requiring related and relevant prior experience
- Develop subject matter expertise for select components or assemblies as assigned
- Coach entry level engineers as required
- Recognized as single point leadership contact for suppliers’ product engineering
- Manages and tracks supplier product engineering activities and deliverables, including supplier test plans and test execution
- Prepares product engineering work plans in accordance with program and project timing and milestones
- Completes and documents advanced analysis and simulation of actuation mechanisms, including electro-mechanical and servo-hydraulic subsystems.
- Executes engineering deliverables in adherence to technical infrastructure and product development process deliverables, reviews, signoffs, and report-outs, including:
- Develops technical requirements for components and subsystems of driveline & axles including purchased assemblies.
- Completes all required technical source package documentation to support supplier quotes
- Evaluates designs to the engineering best practice documents and completes supplier design reviews
- Captures all lessons learned, and ensures timely execution of all calculations, analysis, and simulation in alignment with test plans and requirements
- Develops DFMEAs and evaluates designs for failure modes robustness
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Mechatronics or Electrical Engineering
- 2-5 years of experience in the electrical vehicle industry or product engineering design, validation, and engineering projects development with OEM and/or tier 1/2 supplier
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in transmission, driveline & axles or related area
- Must have DRE experience
PREFERRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Master's degree
- Electrification experience
- Frequent international travel, mostly to the USA
OTHER PERKS & BENEFITS:
- Paid Benefits after 90 days (individual and family) – extended medical, out-of-country coverage, dental etc.
- Pension eligibility, with employer match, after 1 full year of work (open enrollment every October)
- Tuition Reimbursement
Must be fully vaccinated by the COVID-19 vaccine unless you request a Medical or Religious exemption. These requests will be reviewed on a case-by-case basis
MEDA offers an excellent referral bonus. Great candidates know great candidates
MEDA Limited is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of any of the protected reasons as described in the Ontario Human Rights Code. We are committed to providing accommodations for persons with disabilities, as described in the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005. Accommodation requests will be reviewed and granted to those that request assistance during our hiring process.