On behalf of our injection molding client, we are currently recruiting for an experienced Mold Process Technician to their team. Reporting to the Asst. Production Manager, the Mold Process Technician is responsible for monitoring, troubleshooting and improving processes and/or process conditions.
- Analyze and assess processes, process conditions, workflow, and yields; design and implement experiments, troubleshoot processes; recommend and implement solutions and improvements
- Perform all program troubleshooting and adjustments to injection mold equipment including robotics and end of arm tooling
- Assist maintenance technician/electrician with machine maintenance including mechanical, hydraulic, and pneumatic troubleshooting and repair
- Assist mold maker with injection mold tool troubleshooting, repair, and maintenance
- In the absence of the shift supervisor, lead the production team giving priority to Safety, Quality and Delivery
- Monitor and assess processes and/or process conditions to ensure they are in control
- Conduct trials on new programs
- Conduct trials on new technology, record results, make recommendations on its use and implement if viable
- Must participate in mold design and mold flow
- Establish standards, develop procedures and maintain checklists and data entry as applicable.
- Responsible for implementing and maintaining process check sheets
- Responsible for maintaining deviation process
- In conjunction with other departments, participate in identifying and analyzing non-conformances or production/quality problems; and developing, implementing, and verifying corrective actions
- Perform duties as assigned from time to time by the Supervisor
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Minimum Secondary School Diploma
- Applicable Post-secondary Education an asset
- Equipment Specific Training
- Minimum of 3 years in a hands-on technical role in Injection Mold environment
- Experience in a leadership role preferred
- Experience with injection mold equipment and tooling
MEDA offers an excellent referral bonus. Great candidates know great candidates.