We are currently recruiting for an experienced Product Engineer- Engine Cooling Systems to join our team supporting our client in the Automotive Industry.
- Design, develop, validate, and release cooling components for electrified vehicles.
- Components include cooling module assemblies (radiator, condenser, electric fan assembly), transmission oil coolers, high- and low-pressure hose and tube assemblies, electric coolant heaters, valves and pumps.
- Components will be developed using best practices and methodologies such as CAE, System Design Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (DFMEA), and Design Validation Plans (DVP&R). Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Responsible for a set of cooling components potentially in all stages of vehicles development.
- Lead early packaging and development of components to meet cooling functional objectives.
- Coordinate CAE, design, prototyping and testing and the documentation of those activities.
- Cooperate with supplier to ensure design for manufacturability and track supplier progress to ensure part maturity and creation milestones are met.
- Support vehicle assembly and vehicle testing and resolve any issues discovered with the components.
- Address quality concerns and potential cost reductions after vehicle launch.
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering or equivalent from an ABET (Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology) accredited program
- at least 1.5 years of experience with cooling or HVAC components with OEM and/or supplier.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to lead and manage Suppliers.
- Must be able to manage multiple concurrent activities.
- Working knowledge of cooling systems and components
- Ability to proactively communicate with other teammates, stake holders and supervisor
- Ability to effectively operate both independently and as part of a team
- General knowledge of CAD design
- General knowledge of spreadsheets and building presentations
- Ability to create and apply component and system DFMEAs and DVP&Rs
- Some travel required to Supplier and Corporate Vehicle Assembly Plants -- including the US, Canada & Mexico.
- Must have a valid clear driving record and have the ability to travel if and when required.
PREFERRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Familiarity with powertrain software and controls
- Experience with cooling and vehicle level testing and data acquisition
- Experience with INCA or other bus interrogation tools
- Experience in DFSS (Design for Six Sigma) proactive and/or reactive quality tools
- Working knowledge of UG/NX CAD systems
- Knowledge of FCA/Stellantis Systems and/or products a plus
MEDA offers an excellent referral bonus. Great people know great candidates.