On behalf of our injection molding client, we are currently recruiting for an experienced Automation Technician to their team. The position reports to the Production Manager.
- Programming, editing, touching up points and optimizing the material handling robot (tending injection mold machines) and degating robots (cutting of plastic scrap).
- Programming, editing, and optimizing PLC logic
- Troubleshooting/improving molding machine work centers through PLC and/or robot programming
- Troubleshooting, maintaining and repairing injection molding machines' electrical components
- Create and/or execute scheduled equipment PM per the Preventative Maintenance Management System
- Troubleshoot, repair, and/or rebuild Industrial plastic processing equipment, machine water service system (chillers & tower)
- Troubleshoot and assess mechanical and electrical equipment problems; make recommendations for repairs and implement where feasible
- Installing new equipment, and other special projects
- Design and assemble various projects, i.e.: end of arm tooling, guards
- To assist with machine set-ups and assure proper operating parameters are steadily maintained throughout production
- Working with the Production and Process team to improve quality and reduce cycle times
- Update electrical and pneumatic schematics
- Assist maintenance where needed/required - performing and documenting scheduled maintenance
- Promote continuous improvement in all areas of Maintenance
- Ensure safety issues are handled in a timely manner
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Education required - Electrical/Controls technician course (2 or 3 years). Formal Training/Education/Certification is a must
- Minimum 3 years experience in an automotive environment
- Ability to write a program from scratch
- Experience with Fanuc Robots RJ3
- Ability to work with PLC
- Allen Bradley RSLogix 5000 (PLC environment)
- Factory Talk View Studio (HMI environment)
- Mechanical aptitude
- Safety controls circuitry and GuardLogix programming
- Understanding Ethernet settings and topology.
- Knowledge of injection mold machines, not a requirement but preferred
MEDA offers an excellent referral bonus. Great people know great candidates.