On behalf of our World Class Manufacturing client we are recruiting for a 1D System Simulation Engineer’ to join their CAE team.
- Working in the areas of vehicle thermal management such as engine cooling, AC cooling, etc. using one-dimensional tools
- Simulating the performance of automotive thermal systems
- Independently carry out system level simulations starting from obtaining data from different sources to publishing reports
- Extensive interaction with system engineers, providing numerical solutions and suggesting design improvements based on simulation results
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Minimum 2 years of experience in using 1D tools like Amesim, Flowmaster, Kuli, AVL Cruise, Matlab/Simulink for solving flow/ thermal problems
- Master's degree in Mechanical/ Aerospace Engineering with a thesis in Thermofluid/ simulation domain
- Strong fundamental knowledge in Fluid Mechanics, Thermodynamics and Heat Transfer
- Good knowledge of automotive systems and components and their functioning
- Ability to work in cross-functional teams with a pro-active approach
- Working knowledge of system bench/ dynamometer testing and vehicle drive cell testing
- Willingness and ability to travel to the US for meetings
- Self-motivated with attention to details
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, experienced in presenting to senior management
- Team player that can also work independently
- Good problem solving ability
- Must be proficient in use of Office software
- Will be required to drive a company car. Valid Driver's license is required as well as a clean driving record.
- Will be required to travel domestically and internationally 0-20% (Will be traveling to Head Quarters 2X a week as necessary and when COVID restrictions are lifted)
- 3+ years’ experience in vehicle/powertrain thermal management areas including powertrain cooling, climate control or thermal protection
- Experience in automotive HVAC, engine system design and development
- Familiarity with CAD tools
- Familiarity with optimization and DoE methods
- Strong technical competence with demonstrated experience in methodology development
- Simulation experience like CFD, Human Comfort simulation, etc.
MEDA offers an excellent referral bonus. Great people know great candidates.