On behalf of our growing manufacturing / injection molding client, located in Sterling Heights, MI, we are currently recruiting for an experienced Quality Team Lead to join their team (shift available is 11:00 p.m. to 7:00 a.m - MIDNIGHTS). The successful candidate will be responsible for the quality of company's products in accordance with Company Quality Policy and Objectives. Will perform duties that reflect compliance to Company's Quality Management System (QMS) as recorded in the organization's Quality Manual.
- Perform quality inspection duties (first/last off, in process inspections)
- Train new and existing employees
- Maintain all controlled document files and test records in a timely and accurate manner
- Visually inspects produced parts for defects and reports flaws immediately to management
- Disposition nonconforming parts into appropriate container to prevent contamination of finished goods
- Detects and reports machine malfunctions promptly to management and immediately notify Supervisor or Quality of all discrepancies to established quality checks (ie, sample boards, inspection instructions, Quality Alerts, etc.)
- Evaluate problems and make initial recommendations per corrective action and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Packages and transports produced parts as needed
- Participate in team problem solving activities (ie, 8D's, communication meetings, etc)
- Responsible for following all internal and MIOSHA required safety procedures
- Other duties may be assigned
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
MEDA offers an excellent referral bonus. Great people know great candidates.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent work experience
- At least 2 years prior work related experience in plastics industry
- Able to demonstrate strong prioritization skills
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude
- Able to stand for long periods
- Able to lift up to 45 pounds regularly
- Demonstrated strong communication skills including a command of the English language
- Demonstrated ability to using various measurement techniques
- Demonstrated manual dexterity skills
- ISO/TS16949 environment an asset