On behalf of our World Class Manufacturing client we are recruiting for an Environmental Health and Safety Specialist/Engineer.
- Plan, coordinate, implement and maintain comprehensive Environmental Health & Safety programs to ensure the continued compliance with all applicable corporate policies and government regulations for salary, hourly bargaining unit, contract employees and contractors within an existing established framework.
- Manage the Multi-Site Joint Health and Safety Committee the client
- Coordinate a robust training program for all new and existing salary, hourly and contract employees in compliance with corporate and government regulations and standards.
- Monitor changes to Environmental Health and Safety legislation and ensure current safety programs and practices are in compliance with changes.
- Ensure activities of service providers and construction contractors are in compliance with corporate policy and government regulations.
- Responsible for all Environmental Health & Safety programs to ensure compliance with applicable Provincial regulations and corporate policies. Investigate and develop resolutions to environmental and safety concerns, work refusals with all hourly, salary and contract employees.
- Co-Chair multi-site JHSC
- Represent the client during Corporate EH&S Compliance Audits.
- Develop training plans and maintain records for all employees, contract associates and students as required by corporate policies and government regulations.
- Represent the company during Ministry of Labour (MOL) visits and investigate, resolve and close subsequent MOL orders.
- Coordinate and perform Prestart Safety Reviews and Safety Buy-offs for all new equipment and activities.
- Manage the professional consulting services including conducting Prestart Safety Reviews, Confined Space Hazard Assessments and Rescue Plans.
- Lead the World Class Manufacturing Environmental Health & Safety pillar
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
MEDA has a great referral program. Great candidates know great candidates.
- Bachelor degree or diploma in Environmental Engineering, Human Resources, Labour Relations, Risk Management or related field.
- 5-10 years of experience with Environmental compliance, Occupational Health and Safety, risk management or safety related experience in construction or industrial environment.
- Minimum Level 1 Health & Safety certification registered with WSIB an asset.
- 2-5 years of experience in a unionized labour environment.
- Strong project management, organizational, teamwork, written and verbal communication skills.
- Willingness to accept a wide variety of assignments including some outside the realm of Environmental health and safety in a customer service-oriented environment.
- Knowledge in Office Suite and Google Workspace software.
- Ability to understand and interpret environmental regulatory requirements.
- Personal Computer Applications, Word Processing, Spreadsheet, Database.
- Proficient in professional writing and speaking skills.
- Team player.
- Ability to explain technical information to non-technical personnel.
- Well organized.
- Highly motivated/self starter.
- Desire to excel in the environmental field.
- Understanding of environmental impact on manufacturing processes.