On behalf of our, Metalworking/Machinery manufacturing, client we are currently recruiting for an experienced Materials Manager to join their team.
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Formulate production planning and resource requirements to meet inventory and customer delivery requirements
- Maintain the master schedule (weekly, monthly and annually) for all production purchase orders received
- Develop coverage matrices to ensure deliveries are satisfied
- Champion the Customer Service (Materials) function, interfacing with customers to discuss material lead times, confirm or change delivery dates, forecast demand, forecast engineering changes, etc.
- Communicate production targets and dates on a weekly basis to internal customers to assist in the coordination of production department resources required to satisfy volumes and delivery commitments
- Monitor and track production work in process, inventory, capacity, delivery and other related reports and action plans for Leadership reviews, customer reviews and weekly meetings
- Develop, maintain and present metrics for the aspects listed below and other as required by the Leadership: Delivery, Inventory Turns, Freight
- Assist, as necessary, in Material Releases to validate and confirm that all material releases satisfy terms on purchase order as well as ensuring that product is ordered within the release window and that justification exists for the type and the quantity of ordered product
- Lead or champion the Continuous Improvement and Kaizen processes, as it relates to material handling
- Understand SAP and propose recommendations to improve scheduling and to reduce paperwork
- Coordinate and manage, in conjunction with the Plant Supervisors, the sub-tier departments including; cutting, burning, forming etc.
- A post-secondary degree or diploma
- Professional Training in Materials Management
- A minimum of three (3) years of experience leading a Materials department
- Experience in production planning and materials control environment
- Strong team leading skills
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication abilities
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
MEDA offers an excellent referral bonus. Great people know great candidates.