On behalf of our food manufacturing client, we are currently recruiting for an experienced Quality Manager to join their team.
The Manager of Quality Assurance oversees all aspects of quality, organization and structure of the department; plans, coordinates, and directs quality assurance programs designed to ensure quality production of products consistent with established CFIA, USDA, HACCP, SQF and SOP standards; is responsible for the direction of a team of quality professionals and technicians.
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Manage and oversees the Quality Assurance Dept and Food Safety Management System.
- Develops and trains Food Safety Coordinator and Quality Assurance staff
- Responsible for the preparation of various audits, customers, regulatory and third party
- Primary contact with CFIA, FDA, third party auditors and customers related to quality/food safety.
- Responsible for developing SOP’s and documentation related to quality and food safety enhancement
- Ensures that all products meet government regulations and company standards
- Manages and coordinates all quality-related activities including the production process, laboratory work, food safety initiatives and quality testing
- Works closely with production management and monitor environment to ensure compliance to company, customer and regulatory requirements.
- Works with suppliers regarding specifications and quality
- Oversees customer and consumer complaints to ensure proper investigation and corrective actions.
- Monitors and assists in the development of new products
- Assess specification requirements for potential new business, comparing the capability with the customer specification, noting shortfalls in our capability, access costs involved for additional analysis and identifying the items & areas requiring support. Identify the gaps and provide a strategy to move project forward.
- Monitor Cost of Quality Department
- Monitors and tracks quality trends
- Measures Key Performance Indicators
- Actively strives to achieve the company's Food's strategies, objectives and tactics
- Establishes and strives to achieve budget
Working conditions are normal for an office environment. Work may require occasional weekend and /or evening work.
- A minimum of 5 years of related food quality assurance experience is required in a senior capacity
- Bachelor's degree or diploma in Food Science, Microbiology, Biology, or related science area together with 5+ years senior management experience in Quality Assurance
- Strong knowledge of CFIA, USDA, HACCP, SQF, GFCP & Organic Standards, Kosher, Non GMO Project Verification, Product Ingredient Labeling, Nutritional Labeling, GMP and SSOP standards
- Additional Food Safety or regulatory experience a plus
- Ability to apply best practices learned through previous experience in the food industry and apply in this growing company.
- Demonstrated experience working with contract manufacturers, suppliers, or distributors
- Experience in Quality and Food Safety Management system
- Strong working knowledge of computer software applications
- Good leadership capabilities to lead projects to successful completion.
- Basic knowledge of applicable software to interpret statistical data.
- Consistent completion of tasks with precise detail
- Familiarity with the tools, concepts and methodologies of quality and food safety management
- Able to work within a fast paced production environment and possess the ability to detect trends and pro-actively act to make immediate corrections;
MEDA offers an excellent referral bonus. Great people know great candidates.