On behalf of our growing manufacturing / injection molding client, located in Sterling Heights, MI, we are currently recruiting for a Production Supervisor to join their team (shifts available are 11:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. or 11:00 p.m – 7:00 a.m). This position reports directly to the Molding Manager and will be responsible to safely guide both Union and Non-Union team members (up to 15 per shift). Are you a knowledgeable, self – directed, hard - working and hands on Team Lead or Production Supervisor with manufacturing experience? This may be the opportunity for you!
- Oversee the daily operations, injection mold machine maintenance, molding processes, and Team Leaders of the production line to ensure that all customer schedules are met within the established quality, safety and production targets
- The Supervisor interacts with the Team Leader to provide direction, solve problems and communicate changes.
- Organize and direct Team Leader and their activities in order to achieve labor efficiency targets
- Direct the Team Leader on daily Safety, Quality, Delivery meetings with all employees
- Ensure Team Leader understand and follow standard work instructions through training and coaching opportunities
- Ensure the safety of all employees on shifts as well as resolve conflicts and apply discipline if necessary
- Ensure all employees adhere to the policies and procedures outlined in the TS 16949 Quality System
- Correct unacceptable behavior or performance by counseling or disciplining associates
- Lead and participate in Continuous Improvement and Problem - Solving activities
- Record and report on daily Safety, Quality, and Productivity
- Record and report on problems and counter measures
- Lead, participate and report on 5S activities
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- 1 year of Production Team Lead or Production Supervision manufacturing experience.
- Minimum of High School education. Preference given to candidates holding a two (2) year Technological Associates degree
- Demonstrated technical
- Excellent people management, organizational, and problem - solving skills
- Adaptable leader who is looking to grow within an organization and has conflict management skills
- Demonstrated ability to build and develop teams to achieve maximize results (KPI’s – production, quality and safety)
- Proven experience in a Quality System Management and ERP environment
- Steady Shifts (11:00pm – 7:00am or 11:00am – 7:00pm)
- Experience working in a mechanical hands-on environment
- Experience in an automotive and injection molding experience in a unionized environment
MEDA offers an excellent referral bonus. Great people know great candidates.