On behalf of our civil infrastructure and operation client, we are currently recruiting for a Senior Project Manager of Operational Readiness to join their team. As Senior Project Manager, Operational Readiness you will; proactively address and oversee the execution of the clients’ Operational Readiness Plan. This position reports directly into the Director of Project Management
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Ensure best practice project management principles are utilized to maintain scope, cost, schedule, risk, and change associated with the OR Plan
- Assist with communications with stakeholders and ensure that the client is prepared to oversee the owning authority and deliver on the clients’ obligations and strategic priorities as they relate to the Operational Phase of the multinational large scale project
- Provide technical expertise on the assessments of the OR Plan through a project management lens; developing, monitoring, maintaining and all follow – up regarding the Operational Readiness implementation schedule
- Collaborate with the Operational Maintenance Rehabilitation (OMR) Teams and other external established committees, teams and provide detailed regular reports on scope, cost, schedule, risk, and any changes to the executives for decision making
- Participate in, provide input to, and support Operational Readiness Team members by performing audits of the plan to ensure respective owners are meeting their obligations. Complete regular review of effectiveness of the plan and provide timely and proactive recommendations to resolve issues
- Address the Operational Readiness Plan, ensuring the necessary plans, senior level executive reporting, and KPIs are in place to achieve the obligations as set out in the plan.
- Ensure timely completion of the plan tasks. Collaborate with team members as necessary to ensure deliverables related to the plan are completed to a high degree of accuracy and effectiveness.
- Attend meetings with stakeholders, such as government agencies and municipalities, to ensure stakeholder tasks are progressing satisfactorily.
MEDA offers an excellent referral bonus. Great people know great candidates.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business Administration, or related field coupled with Certified Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Minimum 10+ years of progressive project management (formulating, implementing, and operational management of complex projects) experience with at least 3-5 years of those on complex projects, preferably in large-scale infrastructure operations. Applicants must have 5 years of Canadian residence history. Candidates with P3, and international project experience will be given preference
- Certified Lean Six Sigma Black Belt (ICBB), considered an asset
- Experience with project transitions from construction to operational phases, considered an asset
- Demonstrated experience and independent proficiency in developing, monitoring, and controlling project schedule in MS Project or Primavera P6 software
- Maintenance and operations mobilization experience, considered an asset
- Demonstrated Project Management oversight and knowledge of civil transportation infrastructure, buildings, and associated operations
- Understanding of contract language and operations terminology
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook, MS Project and/or Primavera (P6)
- Demonstrated ability to effectively and professionally communicate orally and in writing
- Sound professional judgement, initiative, and the ability to work well under pressure and manage multiple priorities to meet deadlines in a fast paced, deadline oriented and dynamic environment
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and problem-solving abilities, with exceptional initiative and attention to detail
- Ability to successfully and collaboratively work within a team environment and across disciplines as well as work independently
- Strong interpersonal skills that support building internal/external relationships
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Government of Canada Personnel Screening/Security Clearance.
- Ability to travel within Ontario and Michigan without restrictions