Our client, an industry leading tier one supplier is looking for a strong Industrial Engineer to join their team. The Industrial Engineer is responsible for leading lean manufacturing initiatives to support continuous improvements in production operations. Great opportunity to work with a growing team, great pay and benefits!
- Responsible for monitoring performance and problem solving to ensure optimal design and/or application of equipment, materials and processes
- Develop and maintain Lean processes, continuous improvement, assembly time optimization, material and information flow in a JIT automotive manufacturing environment
- Develop and sustain employees training and development on lean concepts
- Develop measurement systems supporting lean manufacturing philosophy
- Lead value stream mapping exercises to determine and record business improvement areas.
- Support program management and launch planning activities including planning and prioritizing of industrial activities and resources (updating documentation, goals, activate achievement gaps, corrective actions, specs, contracts, and contingency plans)
- Meet deliverable in terms of quality, deadlines, cost efficiency, and process capabilities
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s Degree - Industrial Engineering or College Diploma with a minimum of 5 years’ related experience in an automotive/manufacturing environment
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Results orientated professional to drive continuous improvement activities and process improvements
- Team collaboration in order to understand issues and status of projects
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong customer focus on rectifying issues and keep the plant running
- Computer proficient in Microsoft Suite
MEDA offers an excellent referral bonus. Great people know great candidates!