On behalf of our Custom Steel Tube manufacturing client we are currently recruiting for a Shipping Manager/Safety Coordinator to join their team. The successful candidate will oversee the Shipping and Safety Department for day to day operations for outgoing finished goods. Additionally, they are responsible for ensuring on-time and correct delivery of product to a variety of customers, all the while, maintaining a safe and effective workforce.
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Oversee shipping operations during all shifts including; managing warehouse personnel/assigning to stations and duties, comparing shipment contents with manifests, and ensuring adherence to all safety protocols
- Inventory management; ensuring the warehouse is organized based on the FIFO standards. Securing proper material turnover cycles
- Ensures on-time and correct delivery by acquiring and arranging full truckload shipments throughout North America based on a cost-effective-competitive pricing structure
- Updating and preparing daily (trucking sheet needs) and quarterly (rate sheets)
- Liaison with customers regarding their shipments
- Completing final quality inspections before shipment
- Communicate with all manufacturing departments (Plant Manager, hourly employees and office staff) to orchestrate day to day operation
- Maintain safe and clean work areas around work stations and warehouse
- Develop, Implement and enforce Safety policies
- Management member of the safety committee working with hourly employees to ensure a safe plant operation
- Follow up on all outstanding safety items to ensure they are completed while working with Plant Managers, Plant Maintenance and outside contractors
- Maintain proper record keeping of Safety documents such as accident reports, inspection sheet, training session etc.
- 5 Years of Shipping Supervision Experience in Union Environment or 8 years of related manufacturing experience, and/or a completed Bachelor Degree in Related Field. Candidates with previous knowledge of the steel industry preferred
- 2 Years of demonstrated customer service experience
- Excellent problem solving and analysis skills
- A leader who is highly organized, shows initiative and is results-driven
- Excellent communication skills
- Computer proficient (MS Office and preference with some ERP experience)
- Experience in overhead crane/forklift
- This position requires a lot of walking long distances daily, standing on your feet and lifting up to 50lbs
MEDA offers an excellent referral bonus. Great people know great candidates.