On behalf of our World Class Manufacturing client we are currently recruiting for a Plant Supplier Quality Engineer to join their team.
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Top problem resolution with external suppliers, yard hold activities, and supplier improvement processes through the use of Kaizen activity and 8D management systems for current issues
- Speed to containment, root cause, and corrective action. Lead problem solving activities with Engineering, Manufacturing, and Purchasing, as well as supplier organizations
- Participate and present status updates and articulate issues in cross-functional team meetings and reviews
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering from an ABET accredited university
- Minimum 2 years work experience in Quality, Engineering, Production, or Manufacturing is highly preferred Must have proven ability to manage multiple projects and tasks
- Previous Internship/Co-Op experience is acceptable
- Strong interest in automotive industry
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively in a cross-functional team
- Proficient in using Microsoft Office Suite Software
- May be required to drive a company car. Valid driver's license is required as well as a clean driving record
- May be required to travel internationally 10% -Will be required to travel domestically 20%
- Creative problem solving ability and a results orientation.
- Comfortable with complex technical analysis.
- Respected team leader or team member.
- Green Belt, Black Belt, or Quality certification