On behalf of our injection molding client we are currently recruiting for an experienced Automation Technician to their team. The candidate will be responsible for performing and documenting all necessary maintenance and repairs for all production equipment ensuring that plant and processing equipment is in good working. The position reports to the Production Manager.
- Programming, editing, touching up points and optimizing of the material handling robot (tending injection mold machines) and degating robots (cutting of plastic scrap).
- Programming, editing and optimizing PLC logic.
- Troubleshooting/improving molding machine work centers through PLC and/or robot programming.
- Troubleshooting, maintaining and repairing injection molding machines electrical components.
- Working with Production and Process team to improve quality and reduce cycle times.
- Create and/or execute scheduled equipment PM per the Preventative Maintenance Management System.
- Troubleshoot, repair and/or rebuild: Industrial plastic processing equipment, machine water service system (chillers & tower).
- Daily perform and document scheduled maintenance as outlined on Maintenance Request logs; ensure safety issues are handled in timely manner.
- Troubleshoot and assess mechanical and electrical equipment problems; make recommendations for repairs and implement where feasible.
- Installing new equipment, and other special projects.
- Design and assemble various projects, i.e.: end of arm tooling, guards
- To assist with machine set-ups and assure proper operating parameters are steadily maintained throughout production.
- Promote continuous improvement in all areas of Maintenance.
- Update electrical and pneumatic schematics
- Assist maintenance where needed/required
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Education required - Electrical/Controls technician course (2 or 3 year)
- Minimum 3 years experience in an automotive environment
- Allen Bradley RSLogix 5000 (PLC environment), Factory Talk View Studio (HMI environment)
- Experience with Fanuc Robots RJ3
- Mechanical aptitude
- Safety controls circuitry and GuardLogix programming
- Understanding Ethernet settings and topology.
- Knowledge of injection mold machines, not a requirement but preferred
MEDA offers an excellent referral bonus. Great people know great candidates.