On behalf of our injection molding client we are currently recruiting for an experienced Robot/Maintenance Technician to their team. The Robot/Maintenance Technician is responsible for performing and documenting all necessary maintenance and repairs for all production equipment and facilities, ensuring that plant and processing equipment is in safe and good working order. The position reports to the Production Manager.
- Robot (Fanuc and other) programming, PLC programming, debugging, troubleshooting and repair. Robots are used for tending injection molding machines and removing gates and runner
- Design, fabrication, repair and Preventative Maintenance (PM) of End Of Arm Tools (guards, platforms)
- As part of a team, troubleshoot and resolve equipment problems and participate in improvement projects and the installation of new equipment
- Working with Production and Process team to improve quality and reduce cycle times
- Create and/or execute scheduled equipment Preventative Maintenance (PM) per the Preventative Maintenance Management System (Megamation)
- Maintain, repair and/or rebuild: Industrial plastic processing equipment, machine water service system ( chillers & tower), compressed air system.
- Daily perform and document scheduled maintenance as outlined on Maintenance Request logs; ensure safety issues are handled in timely manner
- Troubleshoot and assess mechanical and electrical equipment problems; make recommendations for repairs and implement where feasible
- Resolving equipment problems, installing new equipment, and other special projects
- To assist with machine set-ups and assure proper operating parameters are steadily maintained throughout production.
- Promote continuous improvement in all areas of Maintenance
- Adhere to the policies and procedures outlined in the ISO9001:2015 AND IATF 16949 Quality System and practicing continuous improvement wherever possible
- Industrial Electrician license
- 3 – 5 years of experience as a licensed tradesman or equivalent experienced working in a manufacturing environment
- Intermediate experience working with PLC Programming and Robotics. Preference given to candidates with Fanuc
MEDA offers an excellent referral bonus. Great people know great candidates.