On behalf of our Tier 1, injection molding/automotive client, we are currently recruiting for a Senior Quality Measurement Specialist to join their team. The position will be reporting to the Quality & Environmental Manager and is a part time 3 month contract position.
- Perform and complete part inspections needed to support the production department needs and assist production in the translation of results from CMM
- Ability to program CMM’s with or without a CAD model
- Responsible for performing CMM requirements for PPAP as directed
- Perform inspections as required, review and document the results; if any defects are noted, investigate/prove findings to collaborate with management and develop a solution.
- Interpret and use drawings, MBD (model based definition) data and/or programs, machine operating manuals, documents and specifications when necessary to accomplish work assignments
- Understand shop mathematics including geometry, trigonometry, and GD&T
- Work from blueprints, production orders, detail drawings, sketches, verbal instructions, etc.
- Read and interpret inspection data in performing work assignments. Requires knowledge of PCDMIS, and any other program that becomes necessary to perform the job
- Determine program requirements based on design and engineering requirements
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- High School Diploma/GED/Technical Degree plus 5-7 years of experience with a CMM
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience in the automotive industry or in metal processing in a similar position or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proficient with CMM (Zeiss Calypso, GOM, PCDMIS), common Quality software (SAP, Plato, etc.)
- Proficient with MS office
MEDA offers a great referral bonus. Great people know great candidates.