On behalf of our World Class Manufacturing client we are currently recruiting for an experienced Quality Engineer to join their team.
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Perform root cause analysis of quality issues, often using advanced problem solving tools (like Kepner Tregoe, Shainin Red X, Design of Experiments)
- Recommend and implement simple cost-effective permanent corrective actions
- Analyze quality data from internal and external indicators to ensure correlation
- Manage engineering changes, working with cross-functional team to ensure timely execution
- Conduct product evaluation requests to ensure robustness of product or process change before full implementation
- Work with Engineering and Suppliers to resolve issues that are not plant controllable
- Recommend and validate rework procedures
- Develop inspection procedures and best methods for performing inspection
- Develop projects to support World Class Manufacturing
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Engineering required to support Plant Process Readiness for New Vehicle Launches
- Minimum 2 years’ practical experience in Engineering Quality/Manufacturing Quality to ensure correct application of process methods and specifications in manufacturing plants
- Prior application and use of problem solving tools to plan PPR assessments and conduct PPR evaluations for compliance to technical requirements of the product and process according to quality standards
- Ability to utilize problem solving tools in determining root cause analysis during product and process validation
- Knowledge of GD&T and SPC to measure the correct application of process methods and specifications at the assembly plant for conformity to technological and quality requirements
- MS Office proficiency, including presentation skills to report findings through all phases of development utilizing RMS data system and weekly progress reports as well as issue escalation to stakeholders/management
- Excellent critical thinking and leadership skills to provide problem solving expertise during product and process validation
- Good communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with manufacturing workers to Plant Managers including Corporate Engineering environment
- May be required to drive a company vehicle – valid drivers license & clean driving record required
- Will be required to travel – domestic & international (80%) to support Plant Launches in NAFTA region. Current vehicle launches will be in the Detroit Metro Area but could require follow up in Mexico and Canada. MUST BE ABLE TO TRAVEL WITHOUT ANY RESTRICTIONS!
MEDA offers an excellent referral bonus. Great people know great candidates.