On behalf of our World Class Manufacturing client we are currently recruiting for an experienced Intermediate Buyer to join their team.
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Responsible for purchasing and negotiation materials, equipment, and supplies from vendors
- Evaluates vendor quotes and services to determine most desirable suppliers
- Completed Bachelor's Degree in Business, Supply Chain Management, Engineering or other related major from an accredited University is required
- MUST HAVE 3-4 years’ work experience to multi-task, prioritize, adapt, negotiate and manage a project(s) in a purchasing environment (highly preferred experience in automotive, general services, or indirect purchasing)
- Must be capable of managing tactical workload while developing & implementing strategies and process improvements
- Proficient in Microsoft (Excel, Power Point, Word) and web-based applications
- Experience in SAP is not required, however would be an advantage
- Strong Communication with all levels of management and peers, both internally and externally
- May be required to drive a company car. Valid driver’s license is required as well as a clean driving record
- May be required to travel domestically and internationally (Canada) 20%
- Must be authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
MEDA offers an excellent referral bonus. Great people know great candidates.