On behalf of our World Class Manufacturing client, we are currently recruiting for an experienced 1-D Simulation Engineer to join their team.
- Working in the areas of vehicle thermal management such as engine cooling, AC cooling, etc. using one-dimensional tools
- Simulating the performance of automotive thermal systems
- Independently carry out system-level simulations starting from obtaining data from different sources to publishing reports
- Extensive interaction with system engineers, providing numerical solutions and suggesting design improvements based on simulation results
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- Masters- with a thesis in Thermofluid / CFD domain- PhD is not preferred but will be considered
- Good academic standing; Strong knowledge in Fluid Mechanics, Thermodynamics, Heat Transfer, etc.
- 1 to 5 year(s) experience in Aerothermal management/ HVAC Simulation
- Hands-on working experience in commercial software- CFD (Star CCM+, Fluent, etc.) or 1D tools (Amesim, AVL Cruise, GT Suite, Flowmaster, etc.)
- Good knowledge of automotive systems and components
- Experience with batteries and some lab experience is preferred
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Willingness and ability to travel to the US for meetings on a regular basis
- Familiarity with CAD tools
- Familiarity with optimization and DOE methods
- Strong presentation skills
- Team player that can also work independently
- Good problem-solving ability
- Must be proficient in the use of Office software
- Will be required to drive a company car. A valid Driver's license is required as well as a clean driving record.
- Will be required to travel domestically and internationally 0-20% (Will be travelling to Head Quarters 2X a week)
MEDA offers an excellent referral bonus. Great people know great candidates.