Our client is a leader in developing complex tooling and stamping assembly products for both hot & cold stamping segments and focusing on niche markets. The client has earned an unyielding reputation for achieving high-quality work, produced on time and on budget.
The client continues to deliver the impossible through strong partnerships, differentiation, employee development, and exceptional service. The company’s success is built on team work, passion, commitment, and talent. They value innovation, excellence and trust.
- Responsible for the Quality Assurance function ensuring compliance to established standards of corporate objectives and regulated agencies for industry through the planning, development and implementation of quality systems that support business objectives and resources
- Responsible to meet and maintain all external and internal requirements (Standards, KPI, customer requirements, Quality Management System)
- Key contact for communication to customer and suppliers
- Perform external / internal audits to standards and provide corrective action closure
- Interprets current quality data to determine that present quality standards and policies meet established quality goals and reliability expectancy of finished product
- Formulates and maintains quality control objectives complementary to corporate policies and goals including inspection types
- Assists in formulating and implementing inspection criteria and procedures
- Provides leadership and assistance during all internal and external audits
- Interprets and implements company's IATF 16949:2016 Quality Manual to personnel in organization. Sets up standards and procedures for quality assurance, including evaluating current quality procedures, instruments and test equipment
- Directs workers engaged in inspection activities to ensure continuous control over materials, facilities, and products. Provides oversight on standards for inspection procedures
- Coordinates objectives with production procedures in cooperation with other plant managers to maximize product reliability and minimize costs
- Trains quality control inspectors on new requirements and procedures and implements new changes in quality control program
- Applies total quality management tools and approaches to analytical and reporting processes within each department
- Provides oversight on calibration procedures, including the documentation of instruments calibration, calibration times and record keeping
- Works with vendors as required to ensure quality of all purchased parts for company use. Travels to vendors’ locations as required
- Investigates and adjusts customer complaints regarding quality
- Reports to the Senior Leadership Team on departmental progress, and implements directives from Manager
- Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the Quality Department employees including the training, planning, assigning, and directing work, addressing complaints and resolving problems
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- BS degree (or higher) and five to seven years related quality management experience and training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Experience working with hot and cold stamp products
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, along with being a strong problem solver.
- Ability to deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists
- Knowledge of IATF 16949:2016, ISO 14001:2015, CQI-9 standards and requirements
- In depth knowledge of AIAG PPAP, APQP, MSA, core tools
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Able to travel by auto, airplane, train or other means when required
- Able to attend training courses and seminars when needed
MEDA offers an excellent referral bonus. Great candidates know great candidates.