On behalf of our civil infrastructure and operation client, we are currently recruiting for a Human Resources Generalist.
- Supporting all tactical and strategic aspects of the Human Resources (HR) Department
- Helping to attract, support and retain top talent; develop and interpret policies, procedures and HR programs
- Help plan, administer, and coordinate human resources initiatives, activities and programs, including: recruitment, compensation, performance management, benefits, training & development, health & safety, and employee relations
- Responsible for providing support to a full range of human resources functions by offering guidance and creating HR best practices to facilitate a positive working environment
- Responsible for the full recruitment process. In partnership with the hiring manager, draft job descriptions, engage candidates and draft interview questionnaires, to ensure best candidate selection.
- Act as a liaison with local university, college and employment services
- Research, develop, implement and maintain various HR policies, procedures and guidelines
- Create and provide training and education to employees and managers as needed.
- Support Health & Safety Program through policy/procedure creation, training, and participation in the Workplace Health & Safety Committee
- Create, implement and maintain employee engagement and wellness initiatives including Employee Opinion Survey
- Responsible for semi-monthly and quarterly payrolls. Review payroll input completed by the HR Administrator and provide to Director HR and Controller for review
- Develop and maintain procedures and year-end process
- Maintain strong relationship with payroll provider to ensure compliance with legislation.
- Create and maintain HR trackers and metrics and dashboard for Director HR review and approval
- Develop and maintain good employee relations. Provide information on various HR policies and procedures
- Coordinate with Director HR to ensure consistent application
- Participate in ongoing HR initiatives and projects to enhance HR services
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- University/college degree or diploma in Human Resources or Business Administration degree with a concentration in Human Resources
- Certified Human Resources Leader (CHRL) designation as asset
- Minimum of 7 years progressive experience working in a client focused HR generalist role
- Experience developing HR policies and delivering various HR training topics
- Payroll experience an asset
- Demonstrated ability to effectively and professionally communicate orally and in writing
- Strong time management and organizational skills and attention to detail to manage work, competing deadlines and sensitive projects
- Ability to build and maintain positive relationships
- Team player, able to work effectively with all levels of the organization
- Self-starter with a high degree of initiative
- Professionalism, tact and reasoning capabilities
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Able to adapt to rapidly changing priorities with a positive attitude
- Demonstrated problem-solving, influencing and negotiation skill
- Intermediate/Advanced Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of Canada Labour Code an asset
- Knowledge of Health & Safety and Human Rights legislation
- Knowledge of the Hay job evaluation tool an asset
MEDA offers an excellent referral bonus. Great candidates know great candidates.