On behalf of our World Class Manufacturing client we are currently recruiting for an experienced Quality Engineer.
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Perform root cause analysis of quality issues, often using advanced problem solving tools (like Kepner Tregoe, Shainin Red X, Design of Experiments)
- Recommend and implement simple cost-effective permanent corrective actions
- Analyze quality data from internal and external indicators to ensure correlation
- Manage engineering changes, working with cross-functional team to ensure timely execution
- Conduct product evaluation requests to ensure robustness of product or process change before full implementation
- Work with Engineering and Suppliers to resolve issues that are not plant controllable
- Recommend and validate rework procedures
- Develop inspection procedures and best methods for performing inspection
- Develop projects to support World Class Manufacturing
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Quality, or Manufacturing (other technical degrees with related work experience may be considered)
- 1-3 years Practical Automotive Engineering exp - will consider hands on Automotive, Technical Internship, SAE, etc.
- Prior application and use of problem solving tools and statistics
- Experience and working knowledge of computer systems and software with strong knowledge of Excel / G-Suite
- Excellent communication skills and must be comfortable with working with people at all levels from Corporate presentations to Manufacturing plant floor
- Must be self-motivated, results driven, able to work with minimal supervision
- Excellent critical thinking and leadership skills
- May be required to drive a company vehicle – valid driver’s license & clean driving record required
- Will be required to travel, with no restrictions – domestic & international (60-80%) - US, Canada and Mexico
- 3-5 years experience in Manufacturing Quality within an Automotive Assembly operations
- Green Belt preferred
MEDA offers an excellent referral bonus. Great candidates know great candidates.