Our client is a leader in developing complex tooling and stamping assembly products for both hot & cold stamping segments and focusing on niche markets. The client has earned an unyielding reputation for achieving high-quality work, produced on time and on budget.
The client continues to deliver the impossible through strong partnerships, differentiation, employee development, and exceptional service. The company’s success is build on team work, passion, commitment, and talent. They value innovation, excellence and trust.
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Purchasing products and services on a global scale as well as supporting new program and corporate processes and initiates
- Review purchase requisitions and issue Purchase Orders to suppliers when applicable
- Participate and support the change management process utilizing standard documents to process changes and issue Purchase Orders when required
- Track issued PO’s by monitoring progress and contact suppliers for issue resolution
- Support and Maintain the RFQ Process – initiate and review supplier quotations, perform cost analysis considering both qualitative and quantitative data
- Assist in tracking and summarizing Global Cost Savings, Cost Avoidance and long term agreements (LTA’s)
- Generate department matrices for part #’s, standard costs, annual volumes, etc.
- Oversee conflict mineral reporting
- Create and maintain costing Bill of Materials for new programs, pre-award
- Support Engineering team members – assess requirements of a component and develop specifications for purchased material with supplier involvement
- Establish and maintain supplier relations
- Submit Program Award letters and supplier contracts
- Negotiate pricing, annual cost reductions, terms and conditions as well as collaborate with cross functional teams for sourcing decisions
- Implement and maintain standard capacity studies within the supply base in order to secure potential demand
MEDA offers an excellent referral bonus. Great candidates know great candidates.
- Post-Secondary educational background, preferably in the fields of accounting, business or finance
- Proven work experience in an automotive manufacturing environment
- Technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience with blueprint reading, & associated documentation
- Previous experience with general PDP & APQP systems preferred, but not required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Microsoft Excel
- Individuals may be required to travel as directed
- Manual dexterity required to use desktop computer and peripherals
- Fast paced