Our client is currently searching for an Engineering Manager to join their team.
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
- Direct department activities, through subordinates, to design new products, modify existing designs, improve production techniques, and develop test procedures.
- Analyze technology trends, human resource needs, and market demand to plan projects.
- Confer with management, production, and marketing staff to determine engineering feasibility, cost effectiveness, and customer demand for new and existing products.
- Forecast operating costs of department and direct preparation of budget requests.
- May direct field testing of products and systems performed by field staff.
- Ensure compliance with all legislative requirements in the facility’s geographic location and: The Global Operating System Plays; OHSAS 18001: Health and Safety management system standard; ISO 14001: Environmental Management system standard; TS 16949 Technical Specification Management and our clients Quality Basics system standards
- Support, Foster, Promote and Demonstrate our clients Core Values and Leadership Behaviors
- Maintain balance between customer, employee and financial satisfaction by maximizing facility/department Performance Indicators to align to our clients Stepping Stool of Success Strategy
- Support and maintain department lean initiatives
- Maintain department 5S requirements
- Act as the main customer liaison to ensure their inquiries and requirements are met
- To serve as a central resource for process and project planning
- Prepare quotations and cost estimations for customers
- To take charge of manufacturing engineering activities and optimize cost of operation by selecting the best process and equipment, including proper tooling and method of manufacturing for new projects and continually improving existing projects
- To oversee activities and take charge of the engineering department for planning and monitoring daily activities and ensure the team functions effectively and efficiently
- Evaluate engineering work load and determine resource requirements
- Simplify, optimize, and innovate machining processes and efficiency
- Oversee cost reduction, VAVE and continuous improvement activities
- Oversee project scheduling and tracking using Customer Focus Plans and other customer required documents
- Work with production planning, production and quality to ensure all required tools and/or documentation required for production jobs are available and up to date
- Maintain control of customer drawings and specifications
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or a college diploma in engineering technology is required
- Licensing by a provincial or territorial association of professional engineers is required to approve engineering drawings and reports and to practice as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng.)
- Five (5) to ten (10) years of experience in an engineering discipline, including supervisory experience, is required
- Advanced understanding of APQP, FMEA, Process flow, control plans, ECNs, etc.
- Write technical proposals which explore new business opportunities, new processes, new products or quality assurance opportunities - Proposals are usually written for non-technical audiences such as clients and management
- Ability to make presentations to senior management during annual meetings to provide an overview of areas such as product costing, maintenance and equipment failures which need to be considered when planning for the coming year
- Assess suitability of candidates for specific positions
- Complete production and completion schedules to track process and progress of projects
- Ability to take precise measurements using specialized equipment and techniques
- Lead and co-ordinate project teams which include other engineers, technologists, clients and contractors when designing, developing and building products or facilities
- Experience with the use of statistical analysis software and computer-assisted design, manufacturing and machining
MEDA offers and excellent referral bonus. Great candidates know great candidates.