Tired of working hard for companies who lay off trades people as soon as there’s a slow down or a project ends?
Prefer a consistent and stable job? This is the company for you. Most of the company comprises of long-standing (over 10 years) employees. No layoffs even during the downturn in 2008. This company is very well respected in the steel industry for it’s dedication to keeping it’s employees challenged, happy and safe. Make a change today.
INDUSTRIAL MAINTENANCE ELECTRICIAN - Brampton
- Industrial Electrician License 442A, 309A
- Minimum 5 years of experience in heavy industrial manufacturing environment
- Must have excellent working and troubleshooting knowledge with electrical equipment (AC drives, components, panels, breakers, power control circuits, starters, motors)
- Must have excellent hands-on knowledge with microprocessor based systems (PLC's, electronic circuits, controls)
- Strong mechanical understanding
- Welding skills; stick, an asset
- Excellent troubleshooting skills with instrumentation: pneumatic controls
- Strong solution-driven decision making, problem solving and multi-tasking skills
- Ability to work independently as well as in a multifunctional team with minimal supervision
- Must be able to work rotating shifts as required
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Responsible for the daily operation of all plant production equipment especially press and extruder breakdowns and stalls
- Troubleshooting of all electrical plant equipment (AC drives, power control circuits, starters, motors) and microprocessor based systems (PLC's, electronic circuits, controls)
- Working with instrumentation (pneumatic controls, PID, transducers, servos, analog/digital signals)
- Size and run electrical wiring
- Conduct Planned Preventative and Predictive Maintenance and keep records
- Experience with voltage distribution systems (single and multi-phase systems)
- Working with power distribution and generation (generators, transformers, switchgears, breakers)
- Understand and adhere to all plant Health and Safety Polices
MEDA offers an excellent referral bonus. Great candidates know great candidates.